The following actions in the game are generally forbidden explicitly by the written rules, individual sysops or mutual agreement among most
players. Indulging in any of the nastiness listed below might get you in trouble with your sysop and/or the other players. Many of these situations have to do with Dirty Deeds (DDs).
1) Hiring away NPCs in the employ of other players.
2) Holding pregnant female's captive (because of a quirk on the code, this will almost always result in losing the child.)
3) Forced 10 year ban on DD's and combat at start of game (Quest game only)
4) DD wars and any actions that might lead to one is banned by the sysop in some games
5) Cross-nationals characters of any kind. That is, the same player having multiple characters in a game that are NOT all the same nationality (French, English or Other.)
6) Bombing (getting an additional character in a game for the express purpose of raiding, doing DDs, etc, looting the position, and then abandoning the character.
7) Use of island prisons in some games
8) Any abuse of the game system (especially finding bugs and exploiting them rather than reporting them.)
In addition to Forbidden Acts, there are customs observed in some games.
1) One season's freedom to move without resiezure after ransom.
2) Use of alternate French victory conditions varies across games
3) Archbishop tax applied differently across games